Friday, February 23, 2007

sleepless nights . . . oh the bliss!



Hey everyone! New mom here. Yes, I am alive and thriving. Things are going well. I still look at my little girl and cannot believe she is here and is mine to keep. As for the labor and delivery, it was and amazing experience that I am still processing. One of the moments that makes me laugh was when she was being weighed. let me say that I was shocked at how much she weighed and when I heard, I asked for a high five. I guess I felt I deserved it. I loved being here at home and for us it was the best.
Mabri is amazing and I know every parent thinks that about their child, but I am in awe of her. We are currently working on the sleepless nights trying to change them into "sleepful". Everyday is different, and she keeps me on my toes. Today we were getting ready to leave, and she threw up all over me and the couch and of course herself. Needless to say, we were slightly delayed.
All in all, things are moving along. I am getting a little more confident everyday that I may have a clue what I am doing, and one thing is for sure: I fall in love with her a little more each day and I have never been so enamored with anything or anyone in all my life.
Must be off, more later!
Thanks everyone for the posts! We love hearing from you!
Brooke

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, she is so cute!! I am glad to hear that everything went well. I cannot wait to meet little Mabri in person!! Take care!

-ashley moore

wrestleswithgod said...

I'm gonna give you a high five for sure.
~I

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous, I called you I believe the day after her birth because... this is sad... I heard she was born through a myspace bulletin. Funny how crazy myspace is. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are doing well, I know you're busy but when you get time I would love to get together with the new mrs mom and mabri. =) I miss you. Take care.
Heather

juliaburnett said...

Girl - I hear ya - I still feel the exact same way about my lttle one, even after 11 months. I know you are thanking God each day that He placed this little one in your care for her lifetime. What a treasure - nothing better! I am loving the website and the photos! Love you!! julia

Anonymous said...

holy cow, major virtual high five from me!!!!!!!! I think you have inspired me =) I go back and forth between thinking I can definitely do this naturally and thinking I am going to be a huge baby... all in all, congratulations!!! and awwww =)

Anonymous said...

hey guys,
just saw your most recent pics of the cutie. she is looking more and more like brian i think. at any rate she is so beautiful. i'll probably see you this weekend at addi's baby shower.
love ya,

Anonymous said...

Brian & Brooke,
Mabri is beautiful!! I can not wait to hold her.
Love Ginger & Kerry

 

web site counter
GNC Health Food Store